Sometimes it’s good to have a little reminder of trick or treating etiquette so that everyone gets to enjoy the activity…
- If there’s a pumpkin outside/& or the house is decorated then it’s OK to knock.
- If the lights are off – that means no trick or treaters welcome.
- Don’t forget your manners! Wait your turn, take one sweet (don’t be picky) and always remember your please and thank yous.
- Stay away from any lit candles as costumes tend to be highly flammable!
- Respect people’s homes – stay off lawns and don’t drop any litter on the ground.
- Trick or treating should end by 9 o’clock or sooner.
- Older kids need to remember not to frighten people and no tricks (flour, eggs etc.)
- Never let young kids trick or treat alone.
And most of all, have fun!