For all those lucky enough to see Victoria at the Sevenoaks Mums #mytime event at St Julians Club this week, you’ll have heard it from the horse’s mouth. But for all those interested but not able to make it on the day, here are some top tips on fashion styling for A/W18:
- Wear what you love and don’t worry about trends
- Ditch those cardigans!
- Jackets and coats can hide a multitude of sins or finish off a beautiful outfit. Think leather jackets, blazers, shackets, fake fur, wool overcoats.
- Buy for real life. No point having a wardrobe of Oscar worthy dresses when you spend your life on the school run or at work!
- Tall ladies carry off maxi dresses the best.
- Tailor your clothes for a perfect fit.
- Add a cashmere jumper over your summer dresses to prolong their wear into autumn.
- Let a print speak for itself, keep other items neutral.
- Add a belt to change the shape of a dress.
- Expose your wrists and add a watch/ bangles and bracelets.
- Key footwear includes: an ankle boot, a trainer, a metallic sandal, a black court shoe.
- Walk out the door feeling comfortable and confident!
If in doubt, call in the experts! Victoria Genevieve Styling