As part of Ten2Two’s soap box moment this week, we would like to give candidates 10 good reasons why an employer should employ them on a flexible basis. Also to remind any employers reading this, why (if they are not already), they should be looking at this model to grow their team.
- You can hire great talent with a lower price tag than for a permanent full-time employee.
- You can often fill an immediate skills gap with experienced talent keeping training time down and limit the risk to your business.
- Find scarce talent. Flexible workers are often not in the typical full-time employee job market so it’s a good place to look for the ‘hard-to-fill’ role.
- If an employee goes on short-term leave, flexible workers can be quickly trained to fill their shoes and give you a great option to make a long-term hire if needs be.
- A flexible worker is diligent and ready to use their hard won experience – so they’re highly productive.
- Flexible workers are excellent time keepers. They want to get their jobs done in the hours they have to do them.
- Flexible working boosts employee’s wellbeing and can reduce absenteeism.
- By offering flexible working, you can keep employee turnover to a minimum.
- Flexible working is the most wished for benefit by the Millennial generation. If you offer it, you can attract a wider net of professional talent.
- A flexible worker is adaptable and can bring a fresh perspective to your business.
Read more from Ten2Two